One more week to go

My Google Summer of Code Journey — Week 9

My GSoC project is in its ninth week. The main focus of this week was to get the mutation issue fixed. More details on this task can be found in my previous week’s update. After further investigation, I discovered that the webservices.rest module is not starting up with the server. Therefore the proxy isn’t working on top of it. However, I couldn’t find a way to resolve it and it was like like going down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland. Therefore Brandon and I discussed postponing it for while since we have a limited timeframe.

The next task was to work on implementing the user settings workflow. This is the feature file.

There was a challenge when implementing the locale scenario. The locale is saved in the database and it affects other tests. We query the elements as to how a user sees them by using labels and texts on the page. So the other tests fail when the locale is changed. I solved it by using the `After` hook of cypress. Also, I used the `Before` hook to create a test patient that gets deleted after running a test.

I had another issue with caching. Cypress says that it cache files, but it doesn’t seem to work with the 3.x frontend. It consumes more than 30MBs to load each time. It takes a very long time and data to run tests because I’m having an average of 1–2 Mbps unstable internet connection. I’m trying to find a way to figure out a way to get it fixed.